Salmon is a versatile fish that can be cooked in a variety of ways. Pan-searing is a quick and easy way to cook salmon, and it results in a delicious dish.
This pan-seared salmon recipe is simple to follow and yields succulent flavorful salmon. Give it a try the next time you’re looking for an impressive but easy-to-make seafood dish.
Season your salmon fillets with salt and pepper
Heat pan over medium heat and right away add 4 Tbsp butter,
swirling and stirring frequently to prevent splatter until it starts to turn light brown
Then, add the salmon fillets to the pan skin-side down and cook for 3-4 minutes per side,
until golden brown and cooked through
Add 1 tsp lemon zest and 4 Tbsp lemon juice over the fish.
Spoon the sauce over the salmon as it cooks
Once the salmon is cooked, transfer it to a plate and drizzle it with sauce.
Then, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and black pepper to taste.
The pan-seared Salmon recipe is ready to serve!
Is salmon good for health?
Salmon is a type of fish that is often considered to be healthy. It is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for the heart and brain. Salmon also contains vitamin D, which is important for bone health. Some research suggests that salmon may also help to reduce inflammation in the body.
While salmon is generally considered to be healthy, it is important to choose wild salmon rather than farmed salmon. Farmed salmon may contain higher levels of toxins and chemicals than wild salmon. Wild salmon is also more likely to be sustainably caught, so it is better for the environment.
When buying salmon, look for labels that say “wild caught” or “sustainably harvested.” These salmon are likely to be the healthiest and most environmentally friendly options.
The health benefits of salmon fish include:
- Salmon fish is a good source of protein. Protein is essential for the growth, repair, and maintenance of muscle mass. These are especially rich in a type of protein called Albumin. Albumin helps keep fluid in the blood vessels, supports immune function, and plays a role in wound healing.
- This fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for heart health, brain development, and reducing inflammation throughout the body.
- Reduce artery inflammation
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Maintain blood pressure
- Prevent excess fluid retention
- Reduce heart attacks, strokes, arrhythmia (abnormal heartbeat), high blood pressure, and high triglycerides.
- They are a good source of antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect the body against damage from harmful substances called free radicals.
- Salmon is low in mercury and other toxins. This makes them a safe and nutritious option for people of all ages.
- Salmon fish is a nutritious option for people of all ages. They are a good source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and other nutrients that are essential for health.
What are the side effects of eating salmon?
Although salmon is a healthy fish to eat, there are some risks associated with consuming it. Some of these salmon fish side effects include:
- Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to salmon and experience symptoms like hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing after eating it.
- Bleeding problems: salmon fish can cause bleeding problems if taken with medications to prevent blood clots. High doses (more than 3 grams a day) of omega-3 fatty acids can also cause bleeding problems. If you are taking any medications that act as blood thinners, it is important to speak with your doctor before adding salmon fish to your diet.
- Gastrointestinal issues: Salmon may cause indigestion, diarrhea, or constipation in some people.
- Kidney problems: Eating salmon may increase your risk of developing kidney stones or other kidney problems.
- Mercury exposure: Salmon contains mercury, which can lead to neurological problems and other health issues. Pregnant women and young children should avoid eating salmon to reduce their mercury exposure.
- Cancer: salmon may also contain carcinogens, which are harmful chemicals that can cause cancer.
Therefore, it is important to eat salmon in moderation and to consult with a healthcare professional before eating large amounts of salmon. In case, if you experience any of these side effects after eating salmon, you should talk to your doctor or seek medical attention.