- 0.1 Falooda Recipe
- 0.2 All that we need to Make The Best Royal Falooda Recipe
- 0.3 How to make Best Falooda Recipe at Home
- 0.4 Prepare Falooda Seeds
- 0.5 Serve the Best Royal Falooda
- 0.6 You can experiment with the flavours too
- 1 The Best Royal Falooda Recipe
Falooda Recipe doesn’t need any introduction to many of us. It’s a coolest drink/dessert popularly served during summers. Falooda or Rose Falooda Drink is one the most liked royal dessert recipe. That is usually served in a glass and has its origins in Iran but nowadays famous in all the countries 😛 . This summer drink with multiple colour layers has made its remark in many countries including India. In our country it has became an integral part of the menus during summers for street food hawkers that sell drinks, ice cream parlours and restaurants which serve numerous variations of the basic best royal falooda recipe. Served either just as a drink or as an ice cream float or teamed up with fresh fruits or cashews etc. It is actually extremely nice in colour mixture to look at and tastes even better!
My family love this cool drink to beat the heat in summers. Even I love the Falooda Recipe a lot. With lots of goodness and healthy ingredients used in the recipe , I make it frequently at my place. This tasty recipe helps me keep my kids away from other soft drinks that are actually not healthy for us 🙄 . The basic falooda dessert, a milk based dessert, has rose syrup, falooda sev or vermicelli made from arrowroot or corn flour, milk, falooda seeds (basil seeds) and ice cream going into it. Indian falooda recipe has transformed into various flavors like saffron, pistachio, mango, strawberry, chocolate, rabri etc. Fruit falooda is also very popular and healthy where the basic falooda dessert is layered with chopped fresh fruits.
Homemade falooda drink recipe is easy to put together with all the easily available ingredients in few minutes provided you have all the falooda ingredients on hand. Falooda sev can be made at home using corn flour. Falooda seeds need to soak for a few minutes to swell. Use full fat milk and boil the milk till it reduces to three fourth of its original quantity as it is best to enhance the creaminess and flavor. Use good quality rose syrup or you can also use roohafza. Pistachios and almonds add a bit of crunch and richness to the falooda. Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have a delicious dessert in a glass ready to serve.
This sweet drink has contrasting flavors and textures with chewy falooda seeds, soft noodles and jelly, melt in the mouth ice cream and crunchy nuts. Every sip of the dessert is luscious and truly a taste of heaven!
All that we need to Make The Best Royal Falooda Recipe
Very simple, cool and refreshing ingredients are in the list of all that we need to make Falooda | Rose Falooda Drink With Ice Cream. Like any other home made drink, Royal Falooda Recipe is also prepared every evening or alternate evenings at my place as my kids and even me ;P loved its cooling taste and and creamy texture. For such a blessed drink, all that is needed in your kitchen are the few ingredients like- Milk, jelly, rose syrup (or any other syrup of your taste), falooda sev, falooda seeds, Ice cream (preferred vanilla flavor) and pistachio (and other dry fruits of your choice).
How to make Best Falooda Recipe at Home
To get started with this recipe, we need to do some preparations. At the initial point to prepare this Falooda recipe at home, transfer the milk and sugar in a deep-thick bottomed pan and let it boil once over medium flame and then simmer the flame. Let it boil till it reduces to 1 1/2 cups. Add 1 1/2 to 2 tbsps of rose syrup to the milk and mix well. Once it has thickened, turn off flame and bring to room temperature.
Making Jelly Crystals
Meanwhile, make colourful jelly crystals as per the instructions given on the ready to make packet. Kids usually like the jelly a lot. You can make these candies and surprise your kids. Make the jelly crystals for Falooda drink and cool the crystals and refrigerate for an hour. Once it is cooled down, cut it into small different shape pieces or simple cubes and set aside for later use.
Now, place a sauce pan with water over medium flame and bring it to a boil. Add falooda sev in it so that it softens. Once done, drain the water and transfer the cooked sev in a bowl containing cold water (you can refrigerate the sev also)
To make the sev at home for using further, follow the steps:
- Mix the cornflour in 1 cup water and bring to a boil. With continuous stirring all the time, simmer the flame.
- As soon as it becomes translucent, switch off the heat.
- Transfer the ready cornflour paste on to the medium hole size sieve and press with the spoon to form the sev and be sure that pressed paste falls into the iced water in shreds.
- Leave for 30 minutes. Drain and sev can be used for Falooda or Kulfi.
Prepare Falooda Seeds
Falooda seeds are most refreshing and coolest ingredient of this recipe. These seeds need to be prepared before assembling all the ingredients of falooda.
Soak falooda seeds in a cup of water for 30 minutes and allow them to bloom completely. Seeds must be soaked properly otherwise the taste will be not so good. Keep the bloomed seeds aside for later use. Also chill the serving glasses or dish in the freezer for half an hour before preparing the dessert.
Serve the Best Royal Falooda
Before serving the royal recipe to your guests, friends or family, you need to assemble the ingredients and components you already prepared. To assemble falooda drink: Take the already chilled serving glasses from the refrigerator and add a generous amount of rose syrup or you can use roohafza as an alternate. Add two table spoons of your home made jelly cubes of different colours of your choice. Add a layer of one or two heaped table spoons of bloomed falooda seeds that we kept. Next layer will be formed with good amount of home made falooda sev or boiled and cooled one as you made.
Now to add the complete texture, slowly pour the chilled rose milk in to the glass till 3/4th level of the glass. You can use some other flavour of milk also if you don’t like rose milk. I personally prefer kevda flavour.
Next add two good high leveled scoops of vanilla ice cream on top of the all components. This adds the richness and creamy texture to the falooda drink.
Finally for the beautiful look and feel of the dessert, drizzle some more rose syrup, garnish with crushed dry fruits. Serve immediately to avoid the ice cream from melting and over flowing. The drink is cool and creamy so don’t waste a minute even. Serve it straight away with love and affection.
You can experiment with the flavours too
Every one is fond of one or the other tastes. You can add lot of chopped fresh fruits on the top like cherries, blue berries, grapes, mangoes etc. You can also add different dry fruits as a layer in the serving glass. Almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachio, etc are the rich snack. These you can add to the drink for making it different and more healthy for you kids. You can also use the Berry syrups as a replacement of rose syrup.
The Best Royal Falooda Recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cups jelly
- 10-12 tbsp rose syrup
- 2 tbsp falooda seeds
- 1 cups falooda sev
- 10 sliced pistachio
- 8 sliced almonds
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Bring milk to boil and simmer till it reduces to 1 1/2 cups. Turn off flame and bring to room temperature. Add 1 1/2 to 2 tbsps of rose syrup or roohafza to the milk and mix. Chill until use.
- Make jelly as per the instructions given on the packet. Cool and refrigerate. Once cool, cut into small cubes and set aside.
- Soak falooda sev in cold water and refrigerate until use.
- Soak falooda seeds in water for 30 minutes and allow to bloom. Set aside.
- Chill the serving glasses in the fridge for half an hour.
- To assemble falooda: Take the chilled serving glass and add a generous tbsp of rose syrup or roohafza.
- Add 2 tbsps of jelly cubes, followed by 2 heaped tbsps of bloomed falooda seeds.
- Next layer with 1/4 cup of falooda sev/noodles. Slowly pour the chilled rose milk till 3/4th of the glass. Next add two scoops of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Finally drizzle some rose syrup, garnish with crushed dry fruits. Serve immediately to avoid the ice cream from melting and over flowing.
- you can add chopped fruits of your choice like apple and mango after layering with jelly cubes.
- Falooda sev can be substituted with normal wheat vermicelli. Cook the vermicelli in water and little sugar and drain the water.