How did this dish make its way into our hearts? It’s a long and delicious story, beginning in India. Tandoori chicken is a popular dish in Indian cuisine, made by marinating chicken in yogurt and spices then cooking it in a tandoor, or clay oven. The dish is thought to have originated in the Punjab region of India, where the tandoor was invented.
Tandoori chicken is usually served with a yogurt-based sauce, and is often garnished with lemon and cilantro. It is a popular dish in both India and Pakistan, and has also become popular in the West, where it is often served as an appetizer or main course.
There are many different recipes for this dish, but the basic ingredients are usually the same: chicken, yogurt, spices, and a tandoor. The most popular spices used in tandoori chicken are cumin, paprika, garam masala, and turmeric. The chicken is usually marinated for several hours or overnight, to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
TANDOORI CHICKEN RECIPE
After the chicken is cooked, it is often served with a yogurt-based sauce, and garnished with lemon and cilantro. It can also be served with rice or naan bread.
Why so popular?
There are many reasons tandoori chicken is so popular. First, it is a very flavorful dish. The chicken is marinated in a mixture of spices, yogurt and lemon juice, which gives it a unique flavor that is loved by many. Second, it is very easy to make. You can either grill or bake the chicken, and both methods are quite simple. Third, tandoori chicken is a healthy dish. The chicken is cooked in a tandoor, which is a clay oven that uses very little oil.
It is a tasty and healthy option for those looking for an authentic Indian dish. The tandoori masala gives the chicken a distinct flavor and the yogurt helps to tenderize the meat. It is best cooked in a tandoor but can also be grilled or baked.
Chicken tandoori vs tandoori chicken
As we already mentioned, It is a dish made with chicken that has been marinated in tandoori spices, while chicken tandoori is simply chicken that has been cooked in a tandoor (a type of Indian clay oven). While both dishes are typically very flavorful, It is often said to have a more intense flavor due to the spice-infused marinade.
Interesting Facts about Chicken Tandoori
1. It is a popular Indian dish consisting of roasted chicken marinated in a yogurt- and spice-based sauce.
2. The dish is named after the tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven used in India for cooking.
3. It is usually cooked at high temperatures, resulting in a succulent and slightly charred bird.
4. The dish can be served with rice or bread, and is often accompanied by raita, a yogurt-based condiment.
5. It is believed to have originated in the Punjab region of India.
6. The dish has become popular in many other countries, including Pakistan, Bangladesh, and the United Kingdom.
7. It is usually made with chicken that has been marinated in a yogurt-based sauce for several hours.
8. The chicken is then skewered and cooked in a tandoor, or clay oven.
9. It can also be prepared in a conventional oven.
10. The dish is typically served with rice or bread, and is often garnished with lemon wedges and chopped cilantro.